Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Naturally Judgemental


In the past I have tried to not judge others and have felt that being judgmental was wrong. Now I think that passing judgement is natural and something that can not be stopped. However I do think that there is a big difference when it comes to basing an opinion off of someones appearance or history.

An example of judging on appearance.... I am not going to assume a guy is strong just because he is a man and I am not going to assume that a girl is weak just because she is a woman. Creating an opinion based on someones sex, ethnicity or  physical make up is ridiculous to me.

At first glance social stigmas attach them selves to the out sides of every human being. Sadly many people judge one another before getting to know who they really are. Instead judgements can be made based on who you are probably like.This form of judgment is what is not right to me.

An example of judging based on history...To live is like writing your own book and you are creating your pages. Unless you have chosen to hide yourself away people are going to read your book and they will know who you have been.

It is much easier for most people to think that they would have been a better person than it is for them to think that they would have made the same mistakes.

I think that a lot of people including myself have a hard time relating to others and have a hard time imagining what life would be like in someone else's shoes.

In my opinion no one can be perfect. Mistakes help us grow into better people. If you can not see how you have been wrong then you can never fix your problems.

See them first, live and learn, change yourself, life goes on. It is best to base your opinions on who someone is or who someone is trying to be instead of who someone was.

Having an open mind and being respectful to the ones who are different than you are very good character traits to have.

Personally I think that passing judgment is natural, automatic and comes whether you want it to or not. But after it comes then it is up to you to stop, think & decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment