Thursday, April 26, 2012

Don't Let The Negative Bugs Bite

Negativity can be like a poisonous fume floating throughout the air. Breath it in and it could infect you just like a disease.

There was a time in my life when I did not recognize what my negative thought process was doing to who I was and the ones around me. When times were bad I felt like it would never get any better and when things were good I would only want more. I was hard on myself, constantly focusing on my flaws and It seemed like I could never be good enough. I was negative and now I know what negativity can do to the person you are.

It ate me up and took me down. It attacked my confidence and care free attitude. It made me into a bitter, scared, hopeless, insecure, depressed person.

I wanted to change and I wanted the old me back so this is what I did. I started looking around and notching everything that I did have instead of everything that I did not. I was nicer to myself and found what makes me special. I became driven and confident to recognize & fix my flaws.

Now when hard times come around I try and think positively about them. Now I believe that things will get better and they always do. The more positive thoughts that I have, the better my life becomes.

However I think that it is easier to find the negativity in hard times than it is to see the positive in them. I still sometimes struggling with finding positivity when I need to. It takes effort, patience and confidence but if you can find it, it can make almost anything much better.

I think that when someone else is being negative around you it can effect your mood in seconds. I picture negativity as tiny little bugs that I can not see but only feel. They try and attach themselves to me so that they can drag out my own negativity. When I feel them I shake my head and imagine them jumping off. This is my way of getting the negativity away from me so it does not effect my good mood. Although I do think that it is best to be there for someone if they are expressing a negative problem or feeling to me. I just try and shake the negativity off  afterwards.

I do not think that it is realistic to always think positively and never negatively in life but you do have a choice. You can dwell on negativity and let it eat you up, or you can fight it with positivity and let it brighten up your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment