Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why Do You Care?

I can remember when I use to negatively criticize almost everyone I saw. For exapmle if I had seen someone walking down the street wearing there pajamas I would have probably called them lazy. If I noticed an over weight person pulling into a fast food restaurant I would of called them a fatty. If I saw a girl dressed provocatively I would of called her a slut. However I would only say these things to myself and the ones around me but never to the person them selves.

One day I asked myself , "Why Do I Care?" I started wondering why do I go out of my way to say mean things about people that I don't even know?

I realized that I was calling those girls sluts because I was just jealous of them and deep down I really wished that I looked as good as they did. I wondered, who was I to call someone else a fatty? I use to go to drive thrus all of the time back then. I started to see that I was the fatty and that I was being a hypocrite. Besides fatty is inappropriate to say. I think that unhealthy is the correct description of this.

I amused that person walking down the street was lazy. I didn't stop to think about other reasons they could have been wearing their pj's that day. Maybe their pet had just ran away so they ran out of their house to look for them. Or maybe they just enjoyed wearing them and what's wrong with that?

I started trying to not judge people unless I knew why. I also stopped taking my frustrations out on others and I looked at myself instead. I found out that it was me all along. My low self esteem and my own insecurities was what was coming out of me.Why Did I Care? Because putting others down made me feel better about myself but only for a moment.

So I soon found the courage to fight the person I was becoming. I would combat my insecurities with love for myself. I tried to be more understanding and respectful towards others.  I started seeing  myself and no longer ignored what I was doing and why. This is what makes me feel better now but this kind of happiness is everlasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment