Thursday, May 31, 2012

Love Me


I have said for a while now that I am not afraid of getting older and that I don't ever want to be hesitant to share my age with anyone. I am starting to think that this may be easy for me to think now because I am still pretty young.

Just until recently I haven't had any wrinkles and now see that I do. They may be small but they are there and I know that they will only get bigger with time. Also my skin is starting to get thinner and I notice it more and more as my days go by.

I think that it is easy for me to think that getting old is easy because I have yet to face it. I am not going to lie seeing these changes on my body worries me. I think I am mostly worried because I know that I can not turn back and more things like this are coming.

Sometimes I wish that I could go back to when I was younger but only to love myself better. I know now that I have wasted so much of my life being insecure about my appearance. I wish that I could go back to see how pretty I really was in my reflection. To look and know that if I see beauty in the mirror than that is all that matters. My life could have been so much happier back then if I could of just believed that.

Although I am still struggling with low self esteem. Knowing that I have wasted so much time and knowing that I can not turn back drives me to love myself now before it is too late.

I also know that age takes a painful toll on the human body. However I do believe that if I can respect my body and give it what it needs than I will have less pain as I grow older. So many people seem to say, "Yeah wait until you get to be my age." but everyone is different and everyone chooses how they grow old. There are some 70 year old's out there who cant walk and others that can run. However I do understand that there are unfortunate things that can happen that no one can prevent.

I still look forward to getting older because I look forward to living my life. It would be unreasonable for me to think that I can go on and still feel and look the way that I do now. I have to face it but I plan on trying to face it positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment